Freelance Daily
Friday, October 19, 2007

Visit us on the Web: www.freelancedaily.net

Quote of the Day:
It is a delicious thing to write, to be no longer yourself but to move in an entire universe of your own creating. Today, for instance, as man and woman, both lover and mistress, I rode in a forest on autumn afternoon under the yellow leaves, and I was also the horses, the leaves, the wind, the words my people uttered, even the red sun that made them almost close their love-drowned eyes. When I brood over these marvelous pleasures I have enjoyed, I would be tempted to offer God a prayer of thanks if I knew he could hear me. Praised may he be for not creating me a cotton merchant, a vaudevillian, or a wit.

--Gustave Flaubert

Publisher's Notes:
Well, that takes care of another week. Hope all your ventures this week have been successful. Enjoy the weekend!

Suzanne Franco
Table Of Contents

In This Issue:

StraightUp
Part-Time Proofreaders and Technical Writers - Contract (Comp: $16/hr) (Corvallis, OR; telecommute)
Freelance Writers for Waitaki District Council (Comp: Not stated) (Otago, New Zealand)
Project Managment Blogger (Comp: Not stated) (telecommute)
Men's Shopping/Fashion/Style Bloggers (Comp: Per post via PayPal, very competitive with other blog networks) (telecommute)
Freelance Columnist for Doings - Western Springs Edition (Comp: Not stated) (Hinsdale, IL)
Freelance Writer for RetailFit (Comp: Will be based on a flat rate per article) (telecommute)
Local Magazines ISO Quality Freelance Writers - Contract (Comp: $35-$125 for articles 400-900 words (reprints and originals) paid upon publication) (McKinney, Allen, Frisco, Plano, TX; telecommute)
Freelance Football Writers (Comp: Competitive) (U.K.)
Writer/Editor/Writing Asst. for Articles and Book (Comp: To be discussed - hourly or per project) (Westside-Southbay, Los Angeles)
Freelance Writer for Commission Meetings (Comp: TBD) (South Miami)
Writer for Polish (Comp: Will depend on experience and availability) (NYC)
Experience Published Authors Wanted for Ghostwriting Agency - Contract (Comp: TBD) (Midtown West, Manhattan)
New Lifestyle Magazine Seeks Writers - Contract (Comp: per word) (Triangle, NC)
Copywriter and Technical Writer Wanted (Comp: $35-$45/hr depending on your skillset) (Seattle)

TravelFood
No Listings Today

MedicalHealth
Part-Time Medical (Hematology/Oncology) Bloggers - Contract (Comp: $100/posting (more or less depending on complexity)) (New Jersey; telecommute)
Neurological Med-Quick Guide Writer (Comp: $15/hour) (Oak Brook, IL; telecommute)

Copywriting
Business Descriptions (Comp: negotiable) (telecommute)
Part-Time Resume Writer--Academia (Comp: By the job, based on going rate and experience) (telecommute)
Gaming Computer Hardware Sales Copy Writer (Comp: hourly or per project. Please bid) (Boulder, CO)
Need Professional Writing Services for My Web Site (Comp: Not stated) (Central L.A.)
Resume Writer (Comp: to be determined) (Los Angeles)
Web Content Writer/Editor Wanted with Fashion Background - Contract (Comp: Send expected wages per project) (Toronto)
Senior Writer - Freelance (Comp: Not stated) (Georgetown, DC)

Scriptwriting
Looking for Short Screenplay to Produce/Direct (Comp: Will be based on quality, experience, etc.) (Hollywood, CA)
Writer Needed for Non-Profit Promotional Video (Comp: Send salary expectations) (Midtown West, Manhattan)

Technical
3 Month Contract Technical Writer (Comp: $40/hour W-2) (North Reading, MA)

Editing
Freelance Research Editor (Comp: Negotiable) (Chelsea, Manhattan)
Freelance Copy Editor Needed for a Newspaper Publication (Comp: Not stated) (Atlanta)
Editor Needed Part Time (Comp: Please submit rate or bid) (Los Angeles)
Seeking Part-Time Copy Editor for Trade Book on Collecting (Comp: $15/hour) (Midtown West, Manhattan)
Part-Time Editing, Formatting for Busy Marketer - Contract (Comp: Prefer price per job to start) (Encinitas, CA)

WritingRelated
Part-Time Instructional Designer/Writer - Contract (Comp: Commensurate with experience) (New Jersey; telecommute)
Native Swede to Translate Book into English (Comp; Negotiable, and you will be paid 50 percent after the first half is written and the balance upon completion) (Los Angeles)
Transcriber Needed Part Time - Audio and Video Transcribed into Text - Contract (Comp: $20/hour) (Scottsdale, AZ; telecommute)
Spanish to English, English to Spanish Translator Needed Part Time - Contract (Comp: DOE) (Downtown Sacramento)
Portuguese (Brazilian) to English Language Translator (Comp: Rate to be discussed) (Toronto)
Japanese Translator Needed Part Time (Comp: Negotiable, send rate) (Surrey/Vancouver)
Spanish Translator Needed - Contract (Comp: to be discussed) (Vancouver)

Proofreading
Freelance Proofreaders (Comp: $15-$20/hr) (Portland Metro, OR)

Detailed Descriptions

StraightUp

Part-Time Proofreaders and Technical Writers - Contract (Comp: $16/hr) (Corvallis, OR; telecommute)
job-452784056@craigslist.org : http://corvallis.craigslist.org/wri/452784056.html
Local electronics company is seeking outside tech writers and proof readers to edit and review technical manuals, support documentation and general product/service literature. This will be an ongoing engagement for the right person. Software or technical background a plus. Candidates with an undergraduate (BA or BS) degree strongly preferred. Writing samples will be required prior to any engagement. Good references are a must. Need is immediate.

Freelance Writers for Waitaki District Council (Comp: Not stated) (Otago, New Zealand)
bstach@waitaki.govt.nz : http://www.writerfind.com/freelance_jobs/job4043.htm
Posted to job board 19 Oct 2007: Name: Waitaki District Council JobDetails: Waitaki District Council Calling all Freelance Writers Are you good at expressing technical or complex matters in plain English? Have you developed communication plans before? Are you an experienced writer of media releases? Do you have a background in working for media outlets or related skills, experience or qualifications? If your answer to these questions is “yes” Council would like to hear from you. Council is seeking the services of a communications contractor for approximately 5 hours per week plus specific projects throughout the year. As Council’s current contractor has moved on to other challenges, you would be our principal contractor for communications and need to be available for meetings in Oamaru on a regular basis. Expressions of interest should be addressed to Waitaki District Council, Birgit Stach, Senior Policy Advisor, Private Bag 50058, Oamaru or to bstach@waitaki.govt.nz. Further details (on what to submit etc) can be found on our website ­ www.waitaki.govt.nz. EmailAddress: bstach@waitaki.govt.nz Address: Waitaki District Council, Birgit Stach, Senior Policy Advisor, Private Bag 50058, Oamaru, 9444 Region: Otago ApplicationDeadline: 29 October 2007 CompanyDetails: www.waitaki.govt.nz

Project Managment Blogger (Comp: Not stated) (telecommute)
: http://jobs.problogger.net/view/861
The Business Channel at b5media is searching for a blogger to write for a new blog about project management in the business world. Experience as a project manager is a must. Excellent writing and communication skills are essential. You should be prepared to write 6 or more posts per week. The Business Channel is a group of dynamic bloggers who write engaging, quality content. To join us, let us know how you would make a positive impact in our community. How to apply Visit http://www.b5media.com/jobs and enter "Project Management Blogger" in "Blog Topic."

Men's Shopping/Fashion/Style Bloggers (Comp: Per post via PayPal, very competitive with other blog networks) (telecommute)
blogs@simplygoodmedia.com : http://jobs.problogger.net/view/860
Looking for Simply Good Bloggers! If the thought of a 50% off sale at the Men's Warehouse turns you on and you're a great blogger, then this is the gig for you. What we want We're looking for a witty, fun, blogger who's able to provide both information and humor in their posts. You don't have to be a "fashionisto", everyday fella (and ladies) are encouraged to apply. However, you should know the difference between an ascot and a tie and now how to shop on a budget. Our bloggers must have have a solid grasp of the English language, be able to edit their own work, follow directions, and be consistent in their work. The bloggers must have a strong interest in men's style, grooming, trends, etc and have at least a basic understanding of HTML. You MUST be able to produce a minimum of ten publishable posts a week, no exception. Payment Pay is per post via paypal. Our payment is very competitive with other blog networks and we have fun. Lots of fun. Bonuses are also given out based on the performance of the blog and we encourage the development of our bloggers through courses, networking, etc. How to apply 1. Visit both www.thebudgetfashionista.com and www.seejackshop.com to get an idea for what we're looking for. 2. Write short (no more 250 word) opinion post on Target vs. Wal-Mart. 3. Send it via email to blogs@simplygoodmedia.com.

Freelance Columnist for Doings - Western Springs Edition (Comp: Not stated) (Hinsdale, IL)
: http://cj.chicagojobs.com/candidate/processcandviewjob?source=search&docid=A1414-0J75
A Freelance Columnist is needed to contribute human interest stories for a weekly column that will appear in the Doings Western Springs Edition covering Western Springs and Indian Head Park. Applicant should have journalism experience and reside in the coverage area. Work from home. Please send a cover letter and writing samples to Brett Johnson, Managing Editor Doings Newspapers 440 E. Ogden Ave. Hinsdale, IL 60521 No phone calls, please.

Freelance Writer for RetailFit (Comp: Will be based on a flat rate per article) (telecommute)
gigs-452631997@craigslist.org : http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/wrg/452631997.html
Date: 2007-10-18, 11:25AM CDT RetailFit is an online resource focused on career development in the retail industry. RetailFit offers guidance on developing a successful retail career and provides access to thousands of management, hourly and part time jobs from the nation’s top retailers. RetailFit is seeking freelance writer to write 700 – 1000 word articles about retail industry, specifically career-related content. Articles will be written for general audience and technical expertise is not required. General content subject matter will be provided, however, writer’s ideas for topics will be welcome and considered. Articles will be published on highly publicized website and will be distributed on internet directories for additional exposure. Writer’s byline will be included on articles. Payment will be based on a flat rate per article. The number of articles assigned on a monthly basis will be mutually determined based on writer’s availability. Content will be delivered via email and office visits are not be required. Requirements: • Strong writing skills/writing samples required • Articles generated must be 100% unique • Retail industry experience a plus but not required • Ability to research topics over the internet • Ability to meet deadlines and deliver work over the Internet • Writing style must comply with AP guidelines • Ability to comply to with keyword requirements • RetailFit has final edit authority • Computer, email and internet access required

Local Magazines ISO Quality Freelance Writers - Contract (Comp: $35-$125 for articles 400-900 words (reprints and originals) paid upon publication) (McKinney, Allen, Frisco, Plano, TX; telecommute)
job-452591795@craigslist.org : http://dallas.craigslist.org/wri/452591795.html
Date: 2007-10-18, 10:47AM CDT Local family and women-oriented magazines are in search of quality freelance writers. Articles will run between 400-900 words. Competitive pay scale per article. Please send two writing samples to above address noting whether it is original/unpublished work or original publisher. Do not send articles written in first person. We focus on well researched articles, concisely and professionally written. Please copy and paste your writing samples into the body of the email. Make sure to include brief writing history, areas of expertise and interest, your current location, and links to current online work. We will also consider telecommuters for upcoming assignments, however our priority is to find local writers for area-specific articles. Writers will work on a contract basis. We hope to establish long-term relationships with writers who will be reliable, dead-line oriented, and can work independently with minimal supervision.

Freelance Football Writers (Comp: Competitive) (U.K.)
job-452441006@craigslist.org : http://london.craigslist.org/wri/452441006.html
Date: 2007-10-18, 7:42PM BST Expanding Sports News Agency require freelance football writers. Candidates should send CV's and 350 word example of a match report they have produced to info@amrmedia.co.uk

Writer/Editor/Writing Asst. for Articles and Book (Comp: To be discussed - hourly or per project) (Westside-Southbay, Los Angeles)
gigs-452854936@craigslist.org : http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/wrg/452854936.html
Date: 2007-10-18, 12:55PM PDT As a vocal and performance coach, writer of many articles, reports and publisher of newsletter, I am becoming overwhelmed with writing projects. Need assistance from skilled writer/editor for articles, reports, and upcoming book projects. Being interested in the areas of singing, music and self improvement is a plus. Please send resume and writing samples

Freelance Writer for Commission Meetings (Comp: TBD) (South Miami)
job-452846990@craigslist.org : http://miami.craigslist.org/wri/452846990.html
Date: 2007-10-18, 3:47PM EDT Miami’s Community Newspapers is looking for a freelance writer to cover City of South Miami commission meetings. Please send clips to michael@communitynewspapers.com

Writer for Polish (Comp: Will depend on experience and availability) (NYC)
gigs-453141640@craigslist.org : http://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/wrg/453141640.html
Date: 2007-10-18, 9:16PM EDT Looking for energetic writer, aspiring to A.A.Milne, Brad Bird, APayne/Jim Taylor sophistication and wit, to work on polish of a 10 chapter - 160 page novel. Uncredited. Please send thoughtful cover letter, resume and 2 relevant writing samples (2 page maximum each). Creative writing only. Comp will depend on experience and availability.

Experience Published Authors Wanted for Ghostwriting Agency - Contract (Comp: TBD) (Midtown West, Manhattan)
job-452940962@craigslist.org : http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/wri/452940962.html
Date: 2007-10-18, 5:18PM EDT Rapidly expanding ghostwriting agency seeks published authors to add to our roster. Must have at least two published books with major publishing houses (not self-published works) Writer must have strong industry contacts and be willing to use them to the clients advantage. Please respond with your resume. You may be asked to provide references and samples.

New Lifestyle Magazine Seeks Writers - Contract (Comp: per word) (Triangle, NC)
job-452554657@craigslist.org : http://raleigh.craigslist.org/wri/452554657.html
Date: 2007-10-18, 11:15AM EDT New lifestyle magazine for young professionals ages 25 to 35 seeks freelancers in the Triangle. To be considered, you: Must live in the Triangle Should know the difference between magazine and newspaper writing Must have a college degree in journalism/English Should have writing samples/clips that demonstrate your interest in magazine writing (newspaper feature stories, actual magazine clips, etc.) Must know the basics of writing and reporting Interested? Send me your resume and cover letter.

Copywriter and Technical Writer Wanted (Comp: $35-$45/hr depending on your skillset) (Seattle)
job-452660363@craigslist.org : http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/wri/452660363.html
Date: 2007-10-18, 9:51AM PDT We are a well funded startup company that is under wraps building cool applications for end users. We need someone that is very creative and is able to write the benefits of the products in plain english non techie people can understand. (copywriter) More importantly, we also need a solid and creative technical writer that can write in plain and easy to understand way HOW TO use the products (technical writer) The compensation is very competitive ($35/hr- $45/hr depending on your skillset.) You have to be able to work independently in a fast-paced, team environment. helping shape the editorial voice and strategy for the product. This is a freelance position Other responsibilities: • Write help files and FAQs • Write training materials and scripts • Write marketing text • Write UE text and pop-up help text (plus) • Create a style guide (plus) • Edit technical, marketing, and other documents when needed Toss your resume/portfolio of your previous work. We need this asap Thank you

TravelFood

No Listings Today

MedicalHealth

Part-Time Medical (Hematology/Oncology) Bloggers - Contract (Comp: $100/posting (more or less depending on complexity)) (New Jersey; telecommute)
job-452834902@craigslist.org : http://cnj.craigslist.org/wri/452834902.html
Wanted: Medical (hematology/ Oncology) bloggers for new oncology website. We seek one or more scientifically oriented bloggers to become regular contributors to our professional website. The website targets hematologists/ oncologists, and covers all areas of cancer. We prefer a practicing physician, particularly a community hematologist/oncologist, but we are open to the idea of blogs from other individuals with extensive experience and professional knowledge for our audience.

Neurological Med-Quick Guide Writer (Comp: $15/hour) (Oak Brook, IL; telecommute)
kristy@blueti.com : http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/wri/452517278.html
Date: 2007-10-18, 9:27AM CDT Need Med or pharmacology student to put together facts/ documentation for a brief guide,a supplemental study tool in neurological pharmacology (for psychiatrists taking their part 1 board exam). The basics of: indications, dosing guidelines, warnings/ precautions, etc. Can send you sample of this Guide already completed for psychiatric pharmacology. This is a current/ need done now, temporary project.

Copywriting

Business Descriptions (Comp: negotiable) (telecommute)
gigs-452453676@craigslist.org : http://hartford.craigslist.org/wrg/452453676.html
I have a need for some business descriptions , They will need to be researched and written out using 100-150 words per description. I am currently in Hartford Ct and I would like someone who is experienced in this area or is serious and reasonable , We will have to work out some kind of pricing per description , I will need 30-50 descriptions

Part-Time Resume Writer--Academia (Comp: By the job, based on going rate and experience) (telecommute)
job-452445163@craigslist.org : http://austin.craigslist.org/wri/452445163.html
Looking for resume writer with experience writing resumes for teaching posts in US universities

Gaming Computer Hardware Sales Copy Writer (Comp: hourly or per project. Please bid) (Boulder, CO)
gigs-452893730@craigslist.org : http://denver.craigslist.org/wrg/452893730.html
Date: 2007-10-18, 2:30PM MDT An award-winning, gaming computer firm has a need for an experienced technology writer who is adept at writing sales copy for gaming hardware or software, hardware sales literature, catalogs, brochures, offers, etc. Job entails writing desciptions of hardware that inform the reader while exciting them about unique features and ultimately increasing the probability of a sale. Experience within the computer hardware or software industry is preferred. Must be able to write on a wide variety of technology related topics, mostly centered around high performance computers and computer gaming. Three to five years work experience preferred. However, any talented writer is welcome. Web content experience a plus. Initial job is approximately 12 hours, with follow on work for impressive performance. Possible part time or full time job for impressive performers willing to work/live in Boulder, Colorado. Qualified applicants should email their resumes and two relevant writing samples. At least one of the writing samples should be 500 words or more descriptions of an Alienware Area 51m gaming laptop.

Need Professional Writing Services for My Web Site (Comp: Not stated) (Central L.A.)
gigs-453147783@craigslist.org : http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/wrg/453147783.html
Date: 2007-10-18, 6:24PM PDT I am in the need of professional writing services for my web site. I am going to need at least a minimum of 9 pages done. Please contact me via email me asap.

Resume Writer (Comp: to be determined) (Los Angeles)
: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/wrg/453124627.html
Date: 2007-10-18, 5:54PM PDT I need to get a resume written asap. I have a 20 year career in retail and property investing/management. Please call me to discuss your fees. I need a great writer with spelling and grammer skills. Call Jim at (818) 613 5160.

Web Content Writer/Editor Wanted with Fashion Background - Contract (Comp: Send expected wages per project) (Toronto)
job-452320868@craigslist.org : http://toronto.craigslist.org/wri/452320868.html
Date: 2007-10-18, 1:09AM EDT Womens streetwear clothing company seeks a talented writer and editor to help with web content, press release, bio etc. Must have experience and a love for fashion. Graduates are welcome to apply. Contract starts asap and wage is negotiable. Please submit your resume, references and expected wages per project. Interviews start asap. Thanks

Senior Writer - Freelance (Comp: Not stated) (Georgetown, DC)
raquel@mayadc.com : http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/wri/452936827.html
Date: 2007-10-18, 5:14PM EDT MAYA Advertising & Communications seeks a senior writer with extensive experience on all forms of written communications primarily business proposals and marketing and communications plans, but also including technical publications and promotional material such as brochures, presentation packages, newsletter articles and speeches. Send resume and writing samples to: Raquel García-Pertusa at Raquel@mayadc.com. Interviews in: WASHINGTON, DC LOS ANGELES, CA For more information about MAYA you can visit our website at www.mayadc.com

Scriptwriting

Looking for Short Screenplay to Produce/Direct (Comp: Will be based on quality, experience, etc.) (Hollywood, CA)
shorts4hire@yahoo.com : http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/wrg/453119156.html
Date: 2007-10-18, 5:46PM PDT Looking for an extremely well written short screenplay to direct for my thesis. LENGTH: Should be between 5-10 pages, no longer. GENRE/STYLE: Dark drama with slightly surrealist edge if possible. Can be a play on a film noir, thriller, or just a straight drama. The most important aspects I'm looking for is that it is well constructed, great characters, innovative or unique, and must be the sort of material that provokes a visceral response from the audience. Now I'm not looking for something expoloitative or disturbing without reason. Disturbing is great as long as it is earned and makes sense to the story. Blue Velvet & Requiem for a Dream are prime examples of this. My major influences include: David Lynch (huge), Darren Aronofsky, Paul Thomas Anderson, Gaspar Noe, Robert Altman, Jonathan Demme, Park Chan-Wook, Krzysztof Kieslowski, David Cronenberg, Catherine Breillaut, Fellini, French New Wave (Godard, Truffaut, Jean-Pierre Melville), etc, etc and on and on. Please email script as a pdf. or doc. Thanks.

Writer Needed for Non-Profit Promotional Video (Comp: Send salary expectations) (Midtown West, Manhattan)
gigs-452913820@craigslist.org : http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/wrg/452913820.html
Date: 2007-10-18, 4:51PM EDT A 70 year old non-profit health care organization is looking for a writer to consult with them on a script for a short 6 minute promotional video. Please reply with cover letter, resume, sample work and salary expectations

donna@weinbergandassociates.com : http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/wri/452608413.html
Date: 2007-10-18, 12:02PM EDT Contract Technical Writer 3 month contract with possible extensions Contract technical writer to create and maintain online documentation for company’s hardware and software products. The candidate will work closely with hardware and software teams to deliver online help and user guides. Skills: * Knowledge of industry-standard processes and tools such as online help authoring, FrameMaker, Word, Acrobat, and Visio. * Strong writing, editing, and organizational skills * Skills at maintaining an existing documentation set; following existing writing style and conventions * Knowledge of programming concepts and languages, preferably C, C++, or other object oriented languages. Experience: * 3+ years experience in technical writing/creating online documents * Experience using FrameMaker and Microsoft Word * Experience in documenting API functions Rate: $40/hour W-2 --

Editing

Freelance Research Editor (Comp: Negotiable) (Chelsea, Manhattan)
jobs@therealdeal.com : http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/wri/453320627.html
The Real Deal, a 60,000-circulation real estate news magazine that provides an inside look at the big players and major deals in the New York City market, is seeking a freelance research editor responsible for preparing our annual Data Book. The job will involve compiling real estate data over the course of the next several months. The editor will gather information mostly by using surveys and public records, and the job will include updating last year’s charts and lists as well as developing new sections. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required. Past experience undertaking similar work or projects is also required. Salary is negotiable. Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to editor Stuart W. Elliott at jobs@therealdeal.com.

Freelance Copy Editor Needed for a Newspaper Publication (Comp: Not stated) (Atlanta)
gigs-452752209@craigslist.org : http://atlanta.craigslist.org/wrg/452752209.html
Date: 2007-10-18, 2:39PM EDT Copying editor needed for a Real Estate Publication-freelance ....possibly longterm. Simple Project , ongoing. Call our office : 678-309-9300 Mr.Smith

Editor Needed Part Time (Comp: Please submit rate or bid) (Los Angeles)
job-453040451@craigslist.org : http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/wri/453040451.html
Date: 2007-10-18, 4:09PM PDT Looking for top rate editor familiar with the entertainment industry to help polish short novel (90 - 110 pages). Please submit sarcastic writing sample (400 words) about the excess of Hollywood, and your rate or bid for the job.

Seeking Part-Time Copy Editor for Trade Book on Collecting (Comp: $15/hour) (Midtown West, Manhattan)
job-453179879@craigslist.org : http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/wri/453179879.html
Date: 2007-10-18, 10:08PM EDT We are looking for a book editor for a book on collectibles. This volume is based on a television series.

Part-Time Editing, Formatting for Busy Marketer - Contract (Comp: Prefer price per job to start) (Encinitas, CA)
job-452972638@craigslist.org : http://sandiego.craigslist.org/wri/452972638.html
Date: 2007-10-18, 2:51PM PDT Are you an ace with words and Word? Is it thrilling to chase wandering thoughts, spot inconsistencies, reattaching dangling participles, and simplify awkward phrasing? Are you literate and numerate? Also, can you walk that balance between form and function, so enjoy getting a document into a form that communicates well? This busy marketer wants periodic assistance with proffing and formatting from some fearless across the gamut of media: Word, PDF, Excel, email, blogs, and even a little (light) HTML. Bonus if you have comfort & experience with the main topics: tech terminology, consumer electronics, computers, personal technology, TLAs, FLAs, and marketing-speak. You can work at home once we get started, but first start in my Encinitas office. Just help me get the jobs done. Send samples and give me an idea about how you like to work. (Please, no temp agencies)

job-452899569@craigslist.org : http://allentown.craigslist.org/wri/452899569.html
Date: 2007-10-18, 4:36PM EDT E-Learning/Multimedia development company seeking freelance instructional designer/writer. Must have experience writing e-Learning programs, be diligent about grammatical correctness and reliably deliver projects on time. Please submit cover letter, resume, writing samples and hourly rate.

gigs-452997117@craigslist.org : http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/wrg/452997117.html
Date: 2007-10-18, 3:20PM PDT Seeking a native Swede with excellent proficiency in English to translate an already written and published book. This is a fun project about a celebrity and is approximately 200 pages; but you will need to sign a confidentiality agreement. Expected time to complete project is two weeks from start date. Compensation is negotiable and you will be paid 50% after the first half is written and the balance upon completion. Please include your phone number in your response. Thank you.

Transcriber Needed Part Time - Audio and Video Transcribed into Text - Contract (Comp: $20/hour) (Scottsdale, AZ; telecommute)
job-453078464@craigslist.org : http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wri/453078464.html
Date: 2007-10-18, 4:55PM MST We're looking for a talented transcriber who can listen to our audio & video content and then type out the material. The content will be very easy because it's an interview of one person. You do not have to be in our office to accomplish the task. We can give you links to the content on the web and have you email us back the material. If interested contact us ASAP. We're looking to fill this position right away.

Spanish to English, English to Spanish Translator Needed Part Time - Contract (Comp: DOE) (Downtown Sacramento)
job-452873281@craigslist.org : http://sacramento.craigslist.org/wri/452873281.html
Date: 2007-10-18, 1:11PM PDT We are a natural resources law firm looking for someone to translate documents from Spanish to English and vice versa. This is a part-time, contractual position. If you are interested, please send your resume to the email address above. Thank you.

Portuguese (Brazilian) to English Language Translator (Comp: Rate to be discussed) (Toronto)
gigs-452849485@craigslist.org : http://toronto.craigslist.org/wrg/452849485.html
Date: 2007-10-18, 3:48PM EDT Small documentary production looking for native Portuguese speaker to translate basic technical documents into English. University student looking for some extra cash would be ideal. Piece work throughout the next few months.

Japanese Translator Needed Part Time (Comp: Negotiable, send rate) (Surrey/Vancouver)
job-453067559@craigslist.org : http://vancouver.craigslist.org/wri/453067559.html
Date: 2007-10-18, 4:42PM PDT Hello I am looking for someone who is fluent in Japanese, and would be willing to translate two things. A Letter I am writing to Toyota of Japan, and also a car owners manual written in Japanese. IF you are a student that would be ok as well. Please email with your interest and we can go from there. Thank you

Spanish Translator Needed - Contract (Comp: to be discussed) (Vancouver)
job-452899776@craigslist.org : http://vancouver.craigslist.org/wri/452899776.html
Date: 2007-10-18, 2:18PM PDT Hello, Documentary Film Producer looking for an experienced Spanish translator. We have about 90 minutes of footage filmed in Peru and Guatemala. Though we had a translator in those countries, we would like to get a better quality translation. We are looking for someone who has excellent English and Spanish language skills, and preferably has some experience with translation. The whole job would probably take about 2-3 days, and we'd like to have it completed by mid-November. The translator would need a DVD player at home to watch the footage. Four Square Productions

Proofreading

Freelance Proofreaders (Comp: $15-$20/hr) (Portland Metro, OR)
: http://pgh.careercast.com/texis/jobsearch/details.html?id=4716fade6d670&q=freelance&qField=All&qCountry=United%20States&qSort=date&qMatch=all&pp=50&qDate=begin%20of%20yesterday&qlookidu=national&qWorkTypes=Full%20Time&qWorkTypes=Part%20Time&qWorkTypes=Con
Freelance Proofreader for varied hours - onsite! We need someone who loves to edit, has a strong attention to detail, who is comfortable with ambiguity and tight deadlines, and who can make the appropriate level of edit depending on the situation. For example, the company you would be working with has an in-house style, but it can vary depending on what the clients request, or whether a document is a scholarly article, a marketing piece, or a PowerPoint presentation. The company may also request AP or Chicago editing styles, so familiarity is essential. Experience Preferred Minimum of two years of professional copy-editing experience required; proven ability to edit, rewrite and proofread highly technical documents, especially those intended for the news media such as press releases, media alerts, biographies and reviewers guides; impeccable editing skills Proficiency using computer and standard office applications (Microsoft Access, Windows, Word, Excel and PowerPoint preferred) Proofreading assessment will be giving.

Distribution of this newsletter in any form is strictly prohibited

 Freelance Daily is sent before 9 a.m. ET each weekday and includes a wide array of up-to-date freelance writing job leads and opportunities. For questions and advertising information, please contact Suzanne Franco at contact@freelancedaily.net. Freelance Daily cannot and will not take responsibility for the content of the ads. We are not affiliated with any of the ad posters in any way. This newsletter is never sent unsolicited. To cancel your subscription, please cancel your account through PayPal and email contact@freelancedaily.net. WE DO NOT ISSUE REFUNDS FOR UNUSED PORTIONS OF YOUR SUBSCRIPTION. More information, including resources for freelance writers and topical news items, can be found on our Web site at www.freelancedaily.net. Copyright © 2007 Suzanne Franco. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited. Distribution in any form is strictly prohibited.